With Where the Goodwill Goes, we’ll show you what really goes on at Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc. We bet you already know about our retail stores and donation centers, where your no-longer-needed items are given a second life, where eco-friendly reuse is the name of the game, and where much-needed job opportunities are provided for populations that might otherwise be unemployed.
But hold your horses, thrift-savvy wise-guys – there’s more to Goodwill than the secondhand stores! Did you know that along with the clothing donations and store locations, Goodwill sponsors donation drives, community-focused initiatives, job placements for the disabled, and rehabilitation programs? It’s true.
On Where the Goodwill Goes, we’re going to share the inside view of our amazing programs and services with you. For a quick peek at the goods, take look at these facts:
- Goodwill programs and services help more than 100,000 people in the NY/NJ region improve their lives.
- Goodwill helps people overcome barriers to independence through the power of work.
- We provide free, convenient textile and computer reuse & repurpose solutions to the general public.
- We provide vocational programs for immigrants and refugees; ex-offenders; those with hearing and vision impairment; young people, and people with developmental and mental health disabilities.
- We connect youth with caring adults and provide academic enrichment and sports.
- We provide barrier-free housing for people with disabilities.
We’re excited to give you a richer view of what your Goodwill support allows us to do. While we build up this blog, come get your Where the Goodwill Goes fix over on Twitter and Facebook! We’d love to hear from you, so send us a tweet or a post. If you share a favorite Goodwill story or pic, we’ll be sure to pass it on. Let’s get this Goodwill going!