Goodwill New Jersey Job Fair
Wednesday, July 8 (12 p.m. – 4 p.m.)
Rockaway Goodwill store:
226 Highway 46
Rockaway, NJ 07866
- Store Associates
- Production Workers
Goodwill Long Island Job Fair
Wednesday, July 8 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
Lake Ronkonkoma Goodwill Store:
585 Portion Road
Lake Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
*All interested candidates must have a resume to be interviewed.
Today, I want to talk to you about job interviews. Interviews are very important; this process can make or break you. Here are some tips to help you with your interview.
- Research – Conduct a research on the employer, position you are being interviewed for, and the hiring manager.
- Prepare for the worst – review the questions that you think the recruiter will not ask or the questions you don’t want to be asked.
- Dress for success – make sure that you are wearing solid colors, your nails are neatly trimmed, have a neat professional hairstyle, and limit the perfume and cologne.
- Arrive on time for the interview – there should never be an excuse to be late for an interview. Always show the recruiters that you need them as much as they need you.
- Make a good first impression – always say hello to everyone because the guy you met in the elevator could be the one deciding if you get the job or not.
Confidence – be confident and honest during your interview.
- Body Language – body language is very important, always sit upright and look at the recruiter in the eyes when you are speaking.
- Questions – ask questions if the recruiter gives you the opportunity to ask questions.
- Thank you note – thank the recruiter for taking the time to meet with you and send a “Thank you” email/message after the interview. It should be sent an hour or two after the interview.