Every so often, we like to remind our friends and donors, those who work for Goodwill, and those who shop in our stores, just what Goodwill does. So here goes:
- One person placed in competitive employment every 15 minutes of every business day.
- 81,700 individuals who face barriers to employment served in 2012.
- 20,000 individuals placed in jobs from 2006-2012 making Goodwill the #1 agency for the New York City Back-to-Work program.
- 70 programs moving people to be workforce ready.
- 42 stores serving as training and employment centers for people with disabilities.
- And 650,000 donors supporting Goodwill annually.
So thank you to our donors and to our dedicated staff!