What does independence mean to you? Today, we celebrate independence as the freedom to earn a paycheck, to build a life, to reenter the economic mainstream and to contribute to society. Here is just one example of what we mean:
We couldn’t be more proud to celebrate our program participants, our supporters, and our staff this Independence Day. Thank you all!
Here’s a rundown of GoodwillNyNj Facts this Independence Day:
- In 2012, Goodwill served 81,672 individuals in New York and Northern New Jersey.
- Goodwill Industries’ mission is to empower individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment to gain independence through the power of work.
- Every 6 minutes of every day people access Goodwill opportunities to build careers and strong families.
- Goodwill provides an array of programs and services to meet the needs of our diverse clientele, including job readiness and work skills development.
- Goodwill creates training and employment opportunities for people with disabilities in our business operations, including our Retail division and GoodTemps, our temporary staffing division.
- Nationally, Goodwill is one of the largest employers of people with disabilities.
- At GoodwillNyNj, 92 cents of every dollar supports direct services
- We place 4 people in jobs every hour of every business day
- Every 16 minutes of every business day, Goodwill of Greater NY and Northern NJ helps a person earn a good job
- Every 5 minutes, another person accesses GoodwillNyNj opportunities to build careers and strong families