We’re proud to announce a new program serving New Yorkers in the Bronx. To all out there who shop and donate to Goodwill – thank you! Your support makes our programs possible.
As of April 26, 2013, adult residents of Sackwern, Clason Point or Monroe NYCHA Developments will be eligible to participate in a new Goodwill program: Jobs-Plus.
Jobs-Plus provides job readiness training and employment support services for working-age residents who want to find work or increase their earnings.
- Anyone living in the Sackwern, Clason Point or Monroe Developments in the Bronx
- Earned Income Disallowance (EID) applicants (Those who qualify to hold off income related rent increases for 2 years)
- Job Readiness and Occupational Skills Training
- Case Management
- Resume Writing and Internet Access for Job Search
- Financial Counseling and Debt Management
- Job Placement and Retention
Jobs-Plus is operated by Goodwill Industries of Greater NY and Northern NJ, Inc, a nonprofit organization, and funded by the New York City Human Resources Administration and the New York City Housing Authority. Goodwill Industries’ mission is to empower individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment to gain independence through the power of work.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday: 9 AM-5 PM
- Tuesday-Thursday: 8 AM – 7 PM
- Friday: 9 AM-5 PM
- Saturday: 10 AM-2 PM
- 1620 Bruckner Blvd Bronx, NY 10473 (Bruckner Plaza near Food Bazaar and McDonalds)
For more information about Jobs-Plus, please contact: Janae Shields at (646) 338-5911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on our programs and services, visit our website at http://www.goodwillnynj.org/