Based on income, Goodwill staff will make an appointment and direct filers to the appropriate IRS-trained and approved tax preparer.
- You will learn about the Earned Income Tax and other credits
- Tax preparers may determine eligibility for Earned Income Tax credit
- You may qualify to receive money back from the government
There are two ways to file your taxes for free:
1. In person fromJanuary to April 2013. If you’re interesting, please call to make an appointment: Michelle Reccardo at (917) 428-3963
- Make an appointment after you receive your W-2 Forms for all employment held in 2012
- Bring all W-2 forms to appointment
- Location: 42-15 Crescent Street, 2nd Fl., Long Island City, NY 11101
2. Online on your own, go to: http://MyFreeTaxes.com/GWNY
FYI: April 15 is the deadline to file your taxes. Good luck to everyone this upcoming tax season – and don’t forget – all donations to Goodwill are tax-deductible, should you want to get a head start of a big return for next year’s tax season.