In appreciation for the service to our country of the thousands of military men and women who returned home and to the workforce, GoodwillNyNj will provide a professional or work outfit to all veterans, past or present, at any of Goodwill’s 38 stores during Memorial Day Weekend, Friday- Monday, May 25-28, 2012.
The last time we organized a drive like this, it was a huge success. This year, we hope it’ll be even better.
We need the help of all our shoppers, donators and supporters:
- Donate Your Extra Work Clothes: Please donate professional or work clothing for men and women: suits, suit jackets, dresses, dress pants and skirts, shirts and blouses, slacks and jeans, outerwear, shoes, ties, scarves and accessories. Drop your donations at any of our stores or at our DonationXpress attended donation centers in Eastchester, NY and Springfield, NJ. Tax receipts are available upon request.
- Coordinate a Company Donation: If your company is interested in participating, we can arrange a special pick-up – just comment below or email us at email@example.com to arrange. By giving to Goodwill, you help our efforts to provide a broad selection of useful clothing to returning vets. Donors benefit on their taxes as well as supporting the program.
- Reach out the Veterans and Veterans Organizations in your community: Tell them about the opportunity to receive a professional outfit at no charge at their local Greater New York and Northern New Jersey Goodwills during open hours on Friday, May 25th through Monday, May 28th.
- Spread the Word: We also ask you to reach out to any veterans or veterans organizations in your life or your community to tell them about the opportunity to receive a professional or work outfit at no charge. All they need to do is show their military ID and mention “Goodwill Suits Vets.”
- Share about our drive on your Facebook, Twitter or Blog: Please spread the word among all your networks, off-line and on. Link to this post, share the video above (http://youtu.be/6kzA63bGfhQ) and join Goodwill NY-NJ in telling all vets: “Job well done; thanks to you and your family for your sacrifice!”
Goodwill Industries empowers individuals with barriers to employment to gain independence through the power of work. Please help – you’ll be helping us help veterans in your community get back to work and back into the economic mainstream.